Citation Options

Ways To Handle Your Citation:  

Fines and court costs

You may request one of the following options:

  • Driving Safety Course 
  • Deferred Disposition
  • Payment Plan 
  • 30-Day Extension
  • Pay your citation in full
  • Trial Procedure

 Some options may not apply depending on the charge.

Driving Safety Course

To request the Driving Safety Course, you may mail in your request via certified mail, email or come in the Court in person on or before your court date. Please see the Driving Safety Course tab for detailed information.                       

Deferred Disposition

To request deferred disposition, you must enter a plea of NOT GUILTY (plea form) and email that to the court at  to be set for a Pre-Trial conference. The court will contact you with a new court date.

Payment Plan

For payment arrangements, you may request this in person or email on or before your court date. You will need to fill out an Application of Income , a plea form if you have not plead on your case and have a 3rd of your total amount owed as a down payment. For more information, contact the Municipal Court or look for the payment plan tab to the left. 

30 Day Extension

To request a 30 day extension, you may come in person. You may also make this request via mail or email by filling out the extension application


If you would like to request a Trial by Jury or a Trial by Court you will need to come in or e-mail the court on or before your court date to enter a plea of NOT GUILTY.  

Plea Options

No Contest - You are not stating you are Guilty but you are not contesting the charge(s) and you are taking responsibility for them.

Guilty - You are stating that you committed the crime.

Not Guilty - You are contesting the charge(s) in your case and the State must prove the charges against you. You will be given the opportunity to request either a bench trial or a jury trial. Your case will then be reset to the nearest trial date.

Plea Form - English

Plea Form - Spanish