In this month’s edition, I’d like to provide an update on some of the projects and other initiatives happening at City Hall currently. Since the printing of last month’s newsletter, a few changes were made to the budget that I wanted to make you aware of. Those changes include:
• Adopted tax rate of $0.803893, one (1) cent lower than last year
• Two new positions were funded - a Code Enforcement Officer and Part-Time library Aide
• The part-time Kennel Technician position was converted to a full-time position
The budget was adopted on September 8, 2016. If you would like to view the budget in brief or get more information on it, visit our website -
New businesses and expansions completed in town include:
• Williamson County Expo Center Expansion
• Taylor Station on 2nd. St.
• HT Fitness
• Summit Cabinet Groundbreaking
• The Hawt Spot
• Farm 2 Table Deli on 2nd St.
The City has also been the recipient of numerous grants for projects including:
• $125,000 for Robinson Park
• $2.9 Million for Taylor Municipal Airport
• $50,000 for Amy Young Barrier Removal Program
• $49,500 for Hazard Mitigation
Additionally, a grant application for the Downtown Skate Park and Heritage Square improvements was submitted last month to Texas Parks & Wildlife.
I look forward to sharing more exciting news on development and growth in Taylor in the coming months.