In June, the City Council and I met for a strategic planning and visioning update session to discuss the goals that were previously set in November of 2015 and align priorities in the three pillars of Economic Vitality, Quality of Life and Transportation/Infrastructure.
Through these types of planning sessions, the Council and I are able to have in-depth discussion about positioning Taylor for future growth while establishing common goals that best serve the community.
Among the discussion topics were the achievements that the City has celebrated since our last session in November. These include:
• Relocation of Noren Products & Summit Cabinets
• Williamson County Expo Center Expansion
• McCrory-Timmerman/Tidsworth Building renovation
• Award-winning Downtown Master Plan
• Multiple new business openings in the historic Downtown area & other parts of
• Significant increase in Single Family home permits
• New, state of the art fire apparatus
• Numerous awards and grants benefiting the community
• Transportation/Infrastructure needs addressed
City staff and I will continue to work towards accomplishing the 5-year strategic goals of the council. If you would like to view these goals, visit www.taylortx.gov/councilgoals