Utility Billing Department
Utility Billing Manager
400 Porter St
Taylor, TX 76574
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
For our customers' convenience, utility payments may be made at 400 PORTER STREET (as of September 24, 2012), during regular hours 8am to 5pm or any time with the After Hours Drop Box. Please do not make cash payments in the drop box.
Online Utility Bill Payment
Pay water and garbage bills online by visiting our online payments website. A $3 processing fee will be charged for this service. Check with your bank provider for their policies regarding online payment. Some banks require up to ten days to make your payment and late fees could apply if your bank does not get your payment to us on time.
Automatic Bank Drafting Service
In an effort to provide better service, the city offers electronic bank drafting service for monthly water bill payments. This can be arranged by the Utility Billing Department. Complete the Automatic Bank Draft Authorization Form.
Credit Card Payment by Telephone
Customers may pay their water utility bill by telephone using a MasterCard or Visa credit card. To pay by telephone with a credit card, customers may call 512-352-2066. A $3.00 convenience fee will be charged on all credit card transactions.
Water Service Information
Customers who wish to start, stop, or transfer water services must contact the City Hall Administration/Utility Billing offices, 400 Porter St., during normal business hours: 8am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday and complete a service contract.
- New Service: Must be done in person and present a valid photo ID, copy of a lease or closing papers, and pay a deposit and activation fee. Requests after 3:00 pm will be connected the following day. A $100 deposit is required along with a $25 connection fee.
- Transfer of Service: Must be done in person, submit an application and present a Valid Photo ID and copy of lease or closing papers.
- Stop or disconnect service: May be done by phone or in person. Deposits will be applied to the balance on the final bill. Please provide a forwarding addess for the final bill and possible refund due.
- Reconnects: Requests must be received before 3 pm for same day service. An additional $50 fee will be charged for reconnects after hours.
Water / Sewer Related Problems
If your water service has been suddenly interrupted and you do not know the cause, please call the Utility Billing Department during normal business hours at 512-352-2066 and after hours due to an emergency situation, call 512-352-3251.
When water service has been discontinued for non-payment of a bill, the full amount of the bill plus a $25.00 reconnection fee must be paid before service is reinstated. Customers should contact the Utility Billing Department to report water leaks, main breaks, or water quality problems. For sewer related problems, please call 512-352-3251.
View the current water and wastewater rates.
Water Meter Tampering
In an effort to deter losses in water revenue, service calls and meter repair, any detected water meter tampering will be reported to the police, investigated and, whenever possible, charges filed.
Tampering with a water meter is a Class A misdemeanor in Texas and punishable by a fine not to exceed $4000, confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year, or both. Individuals responsible for tampering may also incur civil liability and additional fees. Call 512-352-5551 if you suspect someone has been tampering with a water meter.
Learn how you can conserve water and save money on your water bill by visiting the Water Use It Wisely website.
Garbage Pick Up - Progressive Waste Solutions (formerly IESI)
New service is established at the same time your water account is opened. Residents within the city limits not on city water may only opt to receive garbage service.
Call 512-352-2066 for missed pickups or damaged cart replacement.
Telephone - Southwestern Bell
- Residential (Payments) - Ph: 1-800-616-1171
- Residential (Repairs) - Ph: 1-800-246-8464
- Business (Payments) - Ph: 1-800-924-1743
- Business (Repairs) - Ph: 1-800-286-8313
You must select your own electric provider. Visit the Power to Choose website to find a provider that best meets your needs.
- ATMOS Gas
- Ph: 1-800-460-3030 - Customer Service
- Ph: 1-800-817-8090 - Emergency