PayClick here to view the most current Police Pay Scale
Your law enforcement experience is valuable to us!
The Taylor City Council has passed an ordinance that recognizes your experience and allows you to enter our pay chart based on previous paid, sworn law enforcement tenure.
The formula for computing credit for previous sworn, full-time paid law enforcement service is:
1:1 year of credit for time served in an agency (or agencies) of 15 sworn or more. 1/2:1 year credit for time served in agency (or agencies) of 14 or less sworn officers.
- Criminal Investigator Detective $1,200/year (.577/hour)
- Field Training Officer $1,200/year (.577/hour)
- Sergeant - Criminal Investigations $1,200/year (.577/hour)
- 160 hours vacation accrued per year after 1 year's service
- 120 hours sick leave per year accrued after 1 year's service - with up to 720 hrs.of this sick leave paid upon separation.
- Field Training Officer Pay
- Investigator Pay
- Investigator Assignment Pay
Email our Civil Service Director
to be placed on our test notification list.