Taylor Municipal Court is now conducting eCourt Appearances on limited dockets, which allows defendants to handle court cases (see Requirements below) via a video conference with the Judge and/or the Prosecutor through the use of ZOOM and/or Tyler Virtual Court on either your computer or wireless device.
eCourtrooms are the same as Actual Courtrooms
Please adhere to the following Rule of Court Conduct and Decorum:
Failure to follow these guidelines will prompt the Court to remove the Defendant from the virtual courtroom until compliance is achieved.
- Proper clothing strictly enforced. Inappropriate attire will not be permitted. Dress code is the same as if you were appearing in-person in the courtroom.
- Avoid background noise- Ensure your environment is conducive to attend virtually.
- Avoid distractions- Turn off and put away any and all distractions so your full attention is given to the proceedings (i.e. texting, social media, driving)
- You’ll be discussing personal matters in open court so these proceedings are NOT to be recorded.
- Proper respect for the Court process shall be adhered to at all times.
Requirements you MUST have to Appear via eCourt:
Here is a helpful tutorial on how to install Zoom and/or Tyler Virtual Court:
A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.).
- A fast and stable internet connection
- A webcam attached to your PC or a built-in mic that will allow you to talk to the Prosecutor and your device must also have speakers attached or built-in that will allow you to hear what the judge is saying to you.
- A working email address: you may need to email images or documents for the Judge and/or the Prosecutor’s review.
- You will be required to provide the Court with a working email address and mobile phone number to ensure future successful contact with the Court.
At your eCourt Appearance, you can:
- Request a trial by judge or jury. You will be able to speak with the Prosecutor. Please note that Trials may or may not be able to be held via the eCourt Appearance and may require the Defendant to appear in person at the Taylor Municipal Court located at 109 W. 5th Street, Taylor, Texas 76574.
- Enter a plea of GUILTY or NO CONTEST. All pleas entered in open court are legal and binding, and defendants have the same rights and responsibilities as if the plea had been entered in open court. Defendants who plead guilty or no contest via the eCourt Appearance have the same opportunities for payment plans, compliance dismissals, driver safety course, or deferred disposition.
At your eCourt Appearance, please expect:
- Once you join, you will immediately be placed in a waiting room to see the Judge and/or Prosecutor and selected to speak with her in the order in which you joined. Please know that it is very important for you to change your Zoom and/or Tyler Virtual Court display name so that we may properly identify you. Please be prepared to provide some proof of identification again so that we may properly identify you. We ask that you please be patient with us and know assisting you with handling your citation as efficiently and effectively as possible is our number one priority.
How to Request a Virtual Hearing
To request an online court appearance please click here.
Attach any documentation that you wish to provide within the form. If you prefer, you may email any attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use Adobe PDF format when possible. Due to security issues, other formats may get rejected. If you have not received confirmation that your documents were received within 24 hours prior to your court session or if you have any questions, please call 512-352-5977.
~Respectfully Taylor Municipal Court